Best Optoma HD65 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020:
At the start of the year, Optoma is launching two new entry-level HD Ready 720p projectors (1280×720 pixels): the HD65 and the HD700X. The positioning scheme in the range of these products is the same as the previous HD70 and HD720X models (end of life in December 2007), with the first dedicated to “classic” distribution channels and the other, only sold to shops in line.
The HD65 gains frankly in compactness (especially in height and in depth) compared to its predecessors: its volume is almost reduced by half. The flip side is a noise level in operation rising to 32dB (the fan is smaller and rotates faster). For the connectors, no change, we stay in the bare minimum: 1 HDMI, 1YUV and 1 VGA for the main ones. In terms of cables, Optoma has integrated the usual package, S-Video, YUV, VGA, scart adapter -> S-video or VGA. Only an HDMI cable is missing, which we reported to the manufacturer. The answer of the interested party: the cables provided are used to compensate for the first needs related to the use of the projector, to connect a DVD player, a camcorder etc. The addition of an HDMI cable in the future is however not excluded.
For zoom and lens-shift, it’s as usual for DLP projectors, almost non-existent.
Finally, we will discuss the remote control and power consumption. The remote control is compact and its backlight changes from green to blue (much more visible in the dark). The power consumption is in a good average in 202W operation, but strangely high in standby: 8 Watts. This corresponds to the consumption of a low-consumption lamp. Why ? We await the answer. Either way, consider unplugging it.
- 1 Best Optoma HD65 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
- 1.1 1. Optoma HD65 720p DLP Home Theater Projector (2008 Model)
- 1.2 2. Optoma UHD60 True 4K UHD Projector, Bright 3000 Lumens, Entertainment and Movies. Rec.2020 with DCI-P3 for Wide Color Gamut, HDMI 2.0 and HDR10, WHITE
- 1.3 3. Optoma UHD60 4K Ultra High Definition Home Theater Projector (Renewed)
- 1.4 4. Optoma UHD50 True 4K Ultra High Definition DLP Home Theater Projector for Entertainment and Movies with HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2 and HDR Technology
- 1.5 5. Optoma HD33, HD (1080p), 1800 ANSI Lumens, Home Theater Projector (Old Version)
Best Optoma HD65 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
2. Optoma UHD60 True 4K UHD Projector, Bright 3000 Lumens, Entertainment and Movies. Rec.2020 with DCI-P3 for Wide Color Gamut, HDMI 2.0 and HDR10, WHITE
4. Optoma UHD50 True 4K Ultra High Definition DLP Home Theater Projector for Entertainment and Movies with HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2 and HDR Technology
More compact, does the HD65 provide a better image?
On the HD65, the differences on the screen are in the first place by the lower speed of rotation of the color wheel (or encoder wheel), it goes from 4X on previous models to 3X here. Even if it’s a bit of a shortcut: if the wheel turns slower, it increases the presence of rainbow effects. The counterpart, according to Optoma, is a warmer color rendering. On this point, and compared to the HD720, the comparison gives sharper blacks, with however a significantly higher level of tingling. Overall, the colors are more vivid which is more in the vein of the HD800X . On the part of scaling SD sources, Optoma remains constant but is far behind what a PT-AX200E can produce for example.
A point to finish on the high brightness, 1600 Lumens, announced by the manufacturer. This choice meets the expectations of users who do not benefit from ideal conditions for using their video projector. Thanks to this high brightness, these same people will be able to use it in a room whose light sources (window, lamp) are not completely obstructed.
Very compact, the HD65 will be suitable for occasional users who are not sensitive to rainbow effects. Home theater enthusiasts will pass their way because of the noise level emitted during the operation of the device and the noise in the image.
1. Best Optoma Pico PK101 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
2. Best Optoma PK201 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
3. Best Optoma HD25 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020