Best Optoma HD142X Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021:
On paper, the Optoma HD142X is a very interesting Full HD video projector that offers good brightness, contained noise, Rec certification. 709 and a contained price. It remains to be seen whether the passage to the laboratory confirms the manufacturer’s claims.
The Optoma HD142X video projector comes to hunt on the land of the BenQ W1070 and W1090 . This projector has the same DLP Dark Chip 3 chip as the BenQ models, which allows it to display a Full HD image (1,920 x 1,080 px). The manufacturer announces a brightness of 3,000 lumens, a native contrast of 23,000: 1, an operating noise of 26 dB (A) and support for 3D DLP Link and 3D RF. In terms of lamp life, the manufacturer plans 5,000 hours in standard mode and 8,000 hours in economy mode.
Sold around 650 €, the Optoma HD142X is therefore on paper a serious alternative to the BenQ W1090 marketed around 700 €.
- 1 Best Optoma HD142X Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
- 1.1 1. Optoma HD142X 1080p 3000 Lumens 3D DLP Home Theater Projector
- 1.2 2. Optoma HD141X 1080p 3D DLP Home Theater Projector
- 1.3 3. Optoma LV130 Mini Projector, Bright and Ultra Portable LED Cinema in Your Pocket. 4.5 Hour Built-in Battery, HDMI, USB, DLP Projector with Amazing Colors
- 1.4 4. Optoma S343 SVGA DLP Professional Projector | Bright 3600 Lumens | Business Presentations. Classrooms, or Home | 15,000 Hour lamp Life | Speaker Built in | Portable Size
- 1.5 5. Optoma HD27E 1080p Home Cinema Projector with 3400 Lumens. Ideal for Indoor Or Outdoor Movies, Sports and Gaming
- 2 CONCLUSION
Best Optoma HD142X Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
3. Optoma LV130 Mini Projector, Bright and Ultra Portable LED Cinema in Your Pocket. 4.5 Hour Built-in Battery, HDMI, USB, DLP Projector with Amazing Colors
4. Optoma S343 SVGA DLP Professional Projector | Bright 3600 Lumens | Business Presentations. Classrooms, or Home | 15,000 Hour lamp Life | Speaker Built in | Portable Size
5. Optoma HD27E 1080p Home Cinema Projector with 3400 Lumens. Ideal for Indoor Or Outdoor Movies, Sports and Gaming
2D image quality
This Optoma HD142X video projector is equipped with a 1.1x optical zoom which allows you to project an image between 2 and 2.2 meters basic with a distance of 3 meters. Our measurements are taken at 3 meters in order to obtain an image of 2 meters base. This video projector does not have a lens shift and it is, therefore, impossible to vary the position of the image without distorting it to a minimum. It is of course possible to modify the horizontal and vertical trapezoid to compensate for the deformation.
After some manual adjustments, it is possible to obtain a faithful image. To do this, you must as often opt for Cinema mode and then set the Brilliant Color to 1 . The average Delta E (difference between expected colors and displayed colors) is then measured at 2.8 – a value less than 3 guarantees colors that are perfect for the eye. The color drift is therefore slightly visible, especially at the level of red and yellow, but overall the rendering is very good.
Once set to 2.2, the gamma is almost perfect. The mean is ideal (2.2) and the curve is sufficiently stable over the entire spectrum.
Despite a setting on Hot, the temperature does not drop below 7,050 K and does not approach more than 6,500 K of the video standard. Fortunately, the curve is perfectly stable across the spectrum.
3D image quality
Equipped with the Texas Instruments Dark Chip 3 chip, the Optoma HD142X projector is compatible with the DLP-Link 144 Hz. Synchronization is done optically by inserting red flashes into the film, invisible to the viewer. The Optoma is also compatible with the Optoma ZF2300 3D RF kit. Synchronization is no longer via the insertion of red flashes, but via a radio signal. The overall rendering is still as good and the brightness is slightly better. Thanks to the very rapid oscillation of micro-mirrors (144 times per second), crosstalk (doubling of images) is generally absent. In addition, the depth effect is very well restored, but the gushing is a little less present. The 3D experience is a real success.
Functions and ergonomics
This projector measures 29.8 x 23 x 9.7 cm and weighs 2.38 kg, relatively compact dimensions for a home cinema model. The glossy black plastic is of good quality and remains very sober. Around the optics, the ring allows the focusing while we find the infrared receiver right next to it.
On the top, there is, therefore, the zoom setting (1.1x) near the optics; on the back, the adjustment buttons allow you to access the different settings, correct the vertical keystone, change the source and, of course, turn on the projector.
Located at the back, the connectors focus on the essentials: two HDMI inputs, including an MHL compatible, a USB port, a connector for the 3D RF kit, an audio output, and a 12V output (to manage a motorized screen, for example). The HD124X also has a 10 W speaker which offers a fairly clear sound but does not replace a pair of speakers or a good home cinema kit
The supplied remote control is very complete and allows direct access to almost all the functions of the video projector: each source is presented independently, the keystone correction, 3D activation, the choice of light power, brightness, contrast, etc. The interface is classic but sometimes lacks clarity in the settings. You often have to look in a submenu to find the desired function. Finally, this remote control is backlit; a real plus for home cinema use
Consumption and noise level
The Optoma HD142X consumes only 230 W in normal mode; it is much less than the BenQ W1070 + (280 W), and even lower than the consumption of the W1090 (256 W). In Eco mode, consumption drops to 190 W. The difference is then reduced with the W1090 (203 W). In terms of noise, the Optoma is fairly discreet in eco mode (36.7 dB (A)) and rises to 39.7 dB (A) in normal mode. This model is therefore a little quieter than the W1090.
The Optoma HD142X barely misses the fifth star due to a contrast of less than 1000: 1 and a perfectible optic. For the rest, it was flawless. This video projector offers a quality image, a powerful 3D mode (and RF compatible), a backlit remote control, and a certain silence in eco mode.
1. Best Optoma HD65 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
2. Best Optoma Pico PK101 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
3. Best Optoma PK201 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021