- 1 Best Logitech G29 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021:
- 2 Best Logitech G29 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
- 2.1 1. Logitech Dual-Motor Feedback Driving Force G29 Gaming Racing Wheel with Responsive Pedals for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3
- 2.2 2. Logitech Driving Force G29 Racing Wheel for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 (Renewed)
- 2.3 3. Logitech G Gaming Driving Force Shifter – Compatible with G29 and G920 Driving Force Racing Wheels for Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC
- 2.4 4. Logitech G29 Racing Wheel for PS3, PS4 and PC, 941-000112 (for PS3, PS4 and PC)
- 2.5 5. Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel pour PS4, PS3 (Version UK)
- 2.6 We take the same …
- 2.7 A pedal still as convincing
- 2.8 In race on console and PC
- 3 CONCLUSION
Best Logitech G29 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021:
While Logitech announced in 2013 the end of the production of gaming peripherals for consoles , here it is, nonetheless, back in the race with a new steering wheel compatible with PS3, PS4 and PC (Windows). Logically called G29, it takes the essentials of the G27 and adds a few options.
Logitech did not start from scratch to design its new steering wheel. It must be said that he already had a good base with his G27 , widely tested on PS3 and PC and generally satisfactory, although the latter has taken a little old look since the arrival of the T500 RS from Thrustmaster (then its successors T300 RS and TX ) and the rise of the more discreet Fanatec.
Best Logitech G29 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
1. Logitech Dual-Motor Feedback Driving Force G29 Gaming Racing Wheel with Responsive Pedals for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3
- The definitive sim racing wheel for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 & PlayStation 3: Realistic steering and pedal action for the latest racing titles
- Built to last: Durable solid steel ball bearings, stainless steel shifter and pedals and hand stitched leather wheel grip
- Dual motor force feedback: Realistically simulates the racing experience with smooth, quiet helical gearing. Hall-effect steering sensor
- The definitive sim racing wheel for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3: Realistic steering and pedal action for the latest racing titles
- Built to last: Durable solid steel ball bearings, stainless steel shifter and pedals and hand-stitched leather wheel grip
- Dual-motor force feedback: Realistically simulates the racing experience with smooth, quiet helical gearing
3. Logitech G Gaming Driving Force Shifter – Compatible with G29 and G920 Driving Force Racing Wheels for Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC
- The sim racing shifter for G29 and G920 Driving Force Racing Wheels: Adds realistic shifting to your racing rig
- Built to last: Durable solid steel gear shifter and hand stitched leather boot and knob cover and six speeds with push down reverse gear
- Six speed shifter and push down reverse: “H” pattern gear box for fast, smooth shifting. System Requirements Logitech G29 or G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel. Games that support Logitech Driving Force Shifter (not compatible with Playstation 3). Weight without cable 1.59 pounds. Weight with cable 1.66 pounds
- Immersive Gaming Experience : Perfect for Xbox One and PC gaming titles, the Driving Force simulates the feeling of driving a real car with precision steering and pressure-sensitive pedals
- Immersive Gaming Experience : Perfect for Sony PS4, PS3 and PC gaming titles, the Driving Force simulates the feeling of driving a real car with precision steering and pressure-sensitive pedals
- Customisable Pedals : These pressure-sensitive nonlinear brake pedals provide a responsive, accurate braking feel on a sturdy base - with adjustable pedal faces for finer control
We take the same …
Unsurprisingly, there is therefore a steering wheel base identical to that of the G27, comprising two motors and a drive by helical gears. Still no brushless motor like on the last generations of Thrustmaster (T300 RS, TX) and Fanatec (ClubSport Wheel Base), Logitech having preferred to keep its original technology. A choice that is not without consequence, as we will see during the practical tests.
However, the detection of rotation is always done on 900 ° with a Hall effect sensor(magnetic field), for more precision and better longevity. Finally, a small selector located on the top allows you to choose between PS3 and PS4 mode. No mention of any PC mode on the other hand, which may surprise all the more that the notice comes down to a few explanatory diagrams. For more information, Logitech invites us to consult a PDF document on the G29 dedicated web page ; no installation CD-ROM, no real instructions in the box … too bad.
The changes are therefore mainly on the wheel, a kind of mixture between that of the G27 and that of the Driving Force GT. From the first, we find the central core with three branches in aluminum and leather finish, as well as the engine speed LED indicator; on the second, the panoply of buttons typically PlayStation (cross, square, round, triangle, L1, R1, L2, R2, Home and now the Share and Option of the PS4 which replace the Select and Start of the PS3) in more than one directional cross, +/- buttons and a wheel with central button. The finish is generally good, with good quality plastics and serious assemblies, without play. The leather finish is always there all around the steering wheel, which will delight allergy sufferers to plastic and rubber textures.
A pedal still as convincing
Unlike Thrustmaster, which chose to offer its T300 RS with a very basic two-pedal crankset, in order to reduce costs, leaving the player the choice to buy a more sophisticated model ( T3PA or T3PA-PRO), Logitech continues to offer a relatively advanced crankset, equipped with three metal pedals, each of different hardness. The accelerator pedal is thus the most flexible and is positioned behind the other pedals, which are closer to the driver. These are a little wider and identical in shape, but the brake pedal has a shorter stroke and a much greater resistance due to a slightly firmer spring and especially a rubber piece positioned in stop – as on the optional Thrustmaster pedals mentioned above. No hardness or stroke adjustment is available. However, we are pleased to be able to adjust the spacing between the pedals, since the spacing between the brake pedals and
Quite heavy, the crankset has rubber pads for good support on smooth surfaces, as well as a bar adorned with spikes for good grip on carpet. The happy owners of a racing seat will also appreciate being able to fix it thanks to the threads provided for this purpose.
In race on console and PC
In order to assess the performance of this G29, we carried out several tests on console and PC. The youngest of Logitech therefore faced its main competitor, the T300 RS, also officially compatible with PS3 and PS4. We also brought out our old G25, certainly a little less advanced than a G27, but still valiant despite its age.
On PS3, no need to expect an update of existing games or the console to support the steering wheel. The Logitech G29 is still recognized without problem, but strangely not as a G25 / G27. Alas, it behaves less well than the latter in Gran Turismo 5 and 6, the effects appearing less subtle. For games that do not provide a dedicated steering wheel profile, the G29 is also unusable, since it is not recognized as a joystick by the console, which would have allowed emulation. However, this is not a big loss, since the few games concerned are not very interesting to play behind the wheel anyway.
Surely, buying such a steering wheel in 2015 must above all be done to enjoy racing games on PlayStation 4 and the experience here is much more convincing than on PS3. To do this, nothing like a good simulation like Project CARS, perfectly compatible with the two steering wheels. We then take advantage of immediate recognition and a few adjustments, in particular to configure the intensity of the force feedback. The effects are well marked here and you can really feel the cars going understeer, thanks to a progressive force which allows you to feel the road and avoid uncontrolled skidding. The precision is also very good, allowing for millimeter trajectories.
- Convincing three pedal pedal.
- Quite powerful force feedback.
- Compatible with PS3, PS4 and PC.
- Simple and efficient fixing system.
- Force feedback sometimes a little dry.
- Leather finish stitching.
- Movable pallets, no mechanism to make them fixed.
- Gear lever now optional.
Worthy successor to the G27, the Logitech G29 evolves smoothly and always offers good sensations. However, it faces stiffer competition, since the Thrustmaster T300 RS has been there and is slightly more convincing when it comes to the steering wheel itself. Logitech can easily catch up with its good three-pedal crankset, although it doesn’t match that of the T500 RS (T3PA-PRO). Unfortunately, this translates into a high price, even though the gear lever is now optional.
1. Best Logitech G920 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
2. Best Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
3. Best Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021