- 1 Best Sennheiser GSP 500 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021:
- 2 Best Sennheiser GSP 500 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
- 2.1 1. Sennheiser GSP 500 USB PC Gaming Headset with GSX 1000 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Audio Amplifier (PC & Mac). Large Extended Gaming Mouse Pad and Headphone Stand Bundle
- 2.2 2. Sennheiser GSP 500 Wired Open Acoustic Gaming Headset, Noise-Cancelling Microphone Bundle
- 2.3 3. Sennheiser GSP 550 7.1 Surround Sound PC Gaming Headset
- 2.4 4. Sennheiser Game Zero Gaming Headset- Black
- 2.5 5. Audio-Technica ATH-ADG1X Open Air High-Fidelity Gaming Headset
- 2.6 Ergonomics
- 2.7 Audio
- 2.8 Microphone
- 3 CONCLUSION
Best Sennheiser GSP 500 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021:
The GSP 500 is part of the new range of high-end gaming headsets from Sennheiser, also made up of its almost twin brother, the GSP 600 . If the second is a closed headset, the first, which interests us here, is an open headset which therefore promises to exchange the excellent sound insulation of his brother for a larger sound reproduction. Let’s see what it is.
Best Sennheiser GSP 500 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
1. Sennheiser GSP 500 USB PC Gaming Headset with GSX 1000 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Audio Amplifier (PC & Mac). Large Extended Gaming Mouse Pad and Headphone Stand Bundle
- When you want to become one with your game, you need high-fidelity audio reproduction. GSP 500 is an open-back acoustic gaming headset that offers an incredibly natural and spatial sound. We created an extended bass response in balance with the other frequencies, to allow you to get truly immersed in the superb audio detail and dynamics of the game.
- GSP 500 features a range of enhancements to ensure supreme comfort. The ergonomic design of the breathable soft ear pad mirrors the shape of the ear to enhance wearing comfort. As well as improving sound reproduction, the open design of the GSP 500 helps keeping ears cool.
- [GSX 1000] - The GSX 1000 is an audio amplifier featuring the Sennheiser Binaural Rendering Engine. The groundbreaking 7.1 Virtual Surround Algorithm was developed to meet the performance needs of professional gamers. The intuitive user interface is provided by an LED touch panel and aluminum volume control ring. Together they provide quick, fingertip control of game sound, without tabbing out of the game to tweak settings. Experience surround sound on a new level on PC or Mac with the GSX 1000!
- Bundle Includes: 1 x Sennheiser GSP 500 Gaming Headset | 1 x Wall Power Adapter Cube | 1 x Microfiber Cleaning Cloth | 1 x Dust Blower
- UNRIVALED AUDIO FIDELITY: GSP 500 is an open-back acoustic gaming headset that offers an incredibly natural and spatial sound. To allow you to get truly immersed in the superb audio detail and dynamics of the game.
- SUPREME COMFORT: The ergonomic design of the breathable soft ear pad mirrors the shape of the ear to enhance wearing comfort. As well as improving sound reproduction, the open design of the GSP 500 helps keeping ears cool.
- sennheiser precision audio engineering combines with 7.1 dolby surround sound to create the ultimate, expansive soundscape experience so you can fully immerse yourself in the game
- the unique headband design provides adjustable contact pressure and a customized fit providing the most comfortable wearing experience
- an intuitive volume control on the right ear cup puts on-the-fly audio adjustment at your fingertips for easy volume control while you're playing
- CLOSED BACK - Closed back design featuring tailored leatherette double layered memory-foam ear pads for the maximum acoustic seal to block outside noise
- XXL EARCUPS - Modern, lightweight yet robust design featuring XXL ear cups incorporating Sennheiser's model specific transducer technology delivering extreme sonic clarity
- NOISE-CANCELING MIC - Crystal clear conversations ensured with the professional quality noise-canceling microphone that automatically mutes when boom arm is raised
- Advanced 53 mm drivers provide extremely accurate sound reproduction for FPS (first-person shooter) and other games
- Open-air design provides unrivaled sound quality clarity and comfort
- Improved 3D Wing Support system offers hours of comfort and a secure fit
If the GSP 500 does not stricto sensu the same design as the GSP 600 , distinguishing the two cattle is still a game of the seven errors relatively difficult. All of the comments we made to one therefore apply to the other. Without letting go of the garish visual effects common to many gaming headsets , it still sports a massive plastic and assertive personality, which does not go unnoticed.
Nothing new to say either on the assembly side, of a perfectly equivalent quality. Comfort, on the other hand, inspires us with some small reservations, although it remains very good in absolute terms: the wide and deep ear cups easily accommodate even the largest ear flaps, and the wide headband distributes with great the weight of the helmet (358 g) over the entire extent of the skull. However, it is difficult to justify the excessive force with which the atria press on the temples and the base of the jaw.
On the GSP 600, this pressure had the counterpart of ensuring excellent sound insulation, but this insulation is by definition absent in the case of this GSP 500 with an open acoustic design. Worse, the latter was strangely fitted with harder pads than those of the GSP 600. Making the pressure even more sensitive. The bars for adjusting the tension of the arch certainly allow this defect to be lessened. But unfortunately to an insufficient degree, especially for large heads.
The GSP 500 offers a sound with characteristics quite typical of Sennheiser: by no means perfect or transparent, it still manages to produce a listening experience that is natural enough and immersive so that its faults can be forgotten after a few minutes.
At first glance, however, there are two small flaws in this restitution that make themselves heard: a slight lack of precision in the mediums, and a significant coloration in the acute part of the spectrum.
From the first, it results not from any deficit in dynamics. But rather a slight lack of freedom from the sound message. In music listening in particular, it is not always easy to detach the different plans of the sound mix, which tend to merge into each other a little more than is reasonable.
This lack of separation of the components also has a surprising psychoacoustic effect: it causes the auditory attention to tend to be focused on the lower part of the spectrum, and thus sometimes causes the sensation of a bass sound – despite a measure which shows an accentuation of the low frequencies certainly real, but far from being unreasonable. Fortunately, that impression is just that: an impression. No masking of the mid frequencies by the bass is ever to be deplored. Especially since the latter are of a very commendable responsiveness. The low frequency effects of content mixed with a dedicated bass channel (games and movies, therefore) can thus be quite spectacular, without ever being guilty of overflows.
The microphone of the GSP 500 is perfectly identical to that of the GSP 600 . It is placed at the end of an adjustable and very slightly malleable pole.
The latter offers only relatively little latitude as to the positioning of the microphone in front of the mouth. But this should not cause any disturbance for the vast majority of morphologies. As always with Sennheiser, and very conveniently, the microphone closes automatically when the pole is raised.
Unsurprisingly, it offers voice capture of absolutely flawless quality – one would have been upset that it was otherwise from one of the world’s greatest specialists in sound recording. With a good sensitivity, the microphone reproduces extremely clear, natural and detailed speech. Plosive consonants and other breath sounds are filtered very effectively, as are surrounding sounds.
Despite some small faults, the GSP 500 delivers an extremely solid overall performance. Comfortable (except for a pronounced clip effect), equipped with an absolutely remarkable quality microphone. It also benefits from a very immersive sound reproduction. In particular thanks to a very large and precise spatialization. The latter, however, is mainly expressed in games and films; for listening to music, the GSP 500 is noticeably less at ease. So, even if it is one of the best open gaming headsets available. This relative lack of versatility will have to be taken into account before any purchase decision. Especially at its very high launch price.
1. Best Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
2. Best Sennheiser PC 373D Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
3. Best Sennheiser HD 599 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021