Best Nikon Coolpix P100 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020:
If hybrid cameras (compact with interchangeable optics) are currently on the rise, Nikon prefers to develop its know-how in a bridge. With the P100, from wide angle to telephoto, from portrait to dark scenes, this camera seems to be prepared for all eventualities.
- 1 Best Nikon Coolpix P100 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
- 1.1 1. Nikon Coolpix P100 10 MP Digital Camera with 26x Optical Vibration Reduction (VR) Zoom and 3-Inch LCD (Black) (OLD MODEL)
- 1.2 2. Nikon COOLPIX P500 12.1 CMOS Digital Camera with 36x NIKKOR Wide-Angle Optical Zoom Lens and Full HD 1080p Video (Black)
- 1.3 3. Nikon COOLPIX P510 16.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 42x Zoom NIKKOR ED Glass Lens and GPS Record Location (Black) (OLD MODEL)
- 1.4 4. Nikon Coolpix L320 16.1MP Digital Camera with 26x Optical Zoom – BLACK
- 1.5 5. Nikon Coolpix L120 Digital Camera (Black)
Best Nikon Coolpix P100 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
1. Nikon Coolpix P100 10 MP Digital Camera with 26x Optical Vibration Reduction (VR) Zoom and 3-Inch LCD (Black) (OLD MODEL)
2. Nikon COOLPIX P500 12.1 CMOS Digital Camera with 36x NIKKOR Wide-Angle Optical Zoom Lens and Full HD 1080p Video (Black)
3. Nikon COOLPIX P510 16.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 42x Zoom NIKKOR ED Glass Lens and GPS Record Location (Black) (OLD MODEL)
When you take the Nikon Coolpix P100 out of its box, you immediately understand that discretion is not its strong point. With 9.9 cm long camera off, and up to 15.9 cm deployed, the zoom does not go unnoticed. Fortunately its weight remains reasonable (481 g). It is true that it constitutes one of the largest focal lengths on the market for compact-bridge cameras . Indeed, it corresponds to a 26-678mm in 35mm equivalent. An optical amplitude capable of succeeding in group or monument photos like extracting a detail, several meters away. What is more, the aperture of the diaphragm remains significant (between f / 2 and f / 5). Has a CMOS sensor10 megapixels (against a 12 megapixel CCD on its predecessor) backlit, shooting in low light seems one of its assets.
In practice, the results are less complimentary. Admittedly its optical stabilizer, combined with electronic processes (increased sensitivity, successive snapshots …) gives acceptable results but nothing more. The autofocus also struggles to focus correctly in low light, on small elements. In high sensitivity (ISO 800 and above), there is a smoothing of the pixels to counterbalance the noise of the image before processing.
Also, we do not recommend the sensitivities 800/1600 and 3200 offered for making paper prints afterwards. For novice photographers or against difficult conditions, different functions allow you to take clear photos. We find for example the BSS (automatic selection of the best photo among the 10 taken successively) or the 5x anti-blur function. If you want more personalized photos without getting lost in the settings, some 17 scene modes are available with suitable settings.
We can at leisure carry out a few touch-ups from the device, such as the overall improvement of the image (contrast, color, etc.) or open up shadows (with D-lighting).
For advanced photographers or amateur videographers
Photographers accustomed to DSLRs or wishing to fine-tune their image will find in the Nikon Coolpix P100 a handy camera. In addition to the classic P (programmed automatic), A (aperture priority), S (speed priority) and M (manual) modes, there is also a U mode (for user), a Subject tracking mode (in the case of an animal for example) or even Optimized Portrait (face detection).
The large 7.6cm screen (or the small 0.61cm electronic viewfinder) makes shooting easier. Nikon has taken over the folding screen of the P90. You can take pictures from above or from below easily but no self-portrait. We can not orient the screen in three dimensions, as allows for example screens equipped with ball joints, such as the Lumix G1 or G10. On the other hand, Nikon caused a sensation with HD video. And when we talk about high definition, it is Full HD (1920x1080p) and not HD Ready (1280×720 pixels) that come with a Panasonic G10 or even G2 (only the GH1 films in Full HD).
Despite the high definition and the fluidity of the images (30 images per second), the images lack life and fidelity. Whatever the definition (320×240, 640×480, 1280×720 or 1920×1080) the recording is limited to 30 minutes, with stereo sound. Choose a fast, high-capacity card for HD video because 120 MB is required for each minute of video. Even more interesting, an HS mode allows video recording at high speed (up to 240 frames per second). An interesting function to break down a sports or animal movement. Moreover, the burst function is particularly successful: the P100 achieves nearly fifteen images in 1 second at the resolution of 10 megapixels and even better in lower resolutions. Better than a professional reflex!
1. Best Nikon D3300 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
2. Best Nikon Coolpix P600 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
3. Best Nikon D500 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020