Best Sony WH-1000XM3 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021:
This is already the third version of Sony’s active noise-canceling wireless headphones. Two years after an already excellent original MDR-1000X, and one year after a very timid WH-1000XM2. This new iteration allows slightly deeper modifications aimed at eradicating some of the rare weaknesses of its predecessors. Good news: most of them hit the bull’s eye.
- 1 Best Sony WH-1000XM3 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
- 1.1 1. Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones WH1000XM3: Wireless Bluetooth Over the Ear Headset. Mic for phone-call and Alexa voice control – Industry Leading Active Noise Cancellation – Black
- 1.2 2. SONY WH-1000XM3 Wireless Noise canceling Stereo Headset(International Version/Seller Warrant) (Black)
- 1.3 3. SONY WH-1000XM3 Wireless Noise canceling Stereo Headset(International Version/Seller Warrant) (Black)
- 1.4 4. Sony WH1000XM3 Bluetooth Wireless Noise Canceling Headphones, Black WH-1000XM3/B (Renewed)
- 1.5 5. Sony WH1000XM3 Bluetooth Wireless Noise Canceling Headphones Silver WH-1000XM3/S (Renewed)
- 2 CONCLUSION
Best Sony WH-1000XM3 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
1. Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones WH1000XM3: Wireless Bluetooth Over the Ear Headset. Mic for phone-call and Alexa voice control – Industry Leading Active Noise Cancellation – Black
2. SONY WH-1000XM3 Wireless Noise canceling Stereo Headset(International Version/Seller Warrant) (Black)
3. SONY WH-1000XM3 Wireless Noise canceling Stereo Headset(International Version/Seller Warrant) (Black)
While the WH-1000XM2 sported an almost perfectly identical design to that of the MDR-1000X, the WH-1000XM3 made things happen; certainly very lightly. In addition to the modifications immediately visible in the photo, note the use of a new matte plastic on the back of the ear cups, a little more fluffy than the imitation leather used previously, but also a little messier. Note also the new shape of the arch, tighter, so that the branches are positioned closer to the skull of the user – and therefore that the helmet appears less massive when worn.
But it is above all the comfort that benefits from the new construction of the 1000XM3. The M2 was certainly very comfortable to wear, but the M3 does even better thanks to its new pads, larger and padded with extremely soft memory foam. Sony’s headphones manage to land on our ears almost without us even noticing. What a pleasure! On the other hand, we mentioned it above, the arch saw its width narrowing. So that the contact on the skull is felt a little more clearly. Nothing dramatic, however, especially since this point is offset by the small loss of mass of the helmet (255 grams, against 275 g for the M2).
The orders, on the other hand, have not changed in any way. They always consist of two mechanical buttons (one for switching on / off / pairing Bluetooth, the other for activating active noise reduction or amplification of external sounds), and a surface touchscreen with gesture controls on the back of the right atrium (volume adjustment, play/pause, navigation between tracks).
In the sound field too, the developments between the WH-1000XM2 and the WH-1000XM3 are much deeper than those which separate the original MDR-1000X from the 1000XM2 – the manufacturer having notably completely revised the integrated amplification circuit. And the result is extremely attractive
One would certainly not guess by seeing the shape of the frequency response curve, which reveals above all the big personality of the 1000XM3: yes, it is a bass headphone. Its predecessors already showed a fairly strong inclination towards the lower part of the sound spectrum. But this trait is even more pronounced in the newborn.
This observation made, a question, always the same, imposes itself on us: is this a defect? Or a simple matter of taste? The fact is that this kind of profile is hated by some people, tolerated by others, loved by others; it’s up to you to decide which side you are on. Even within the digital audio team, when one is unable to overcome the hypertrophy of the bass, the other has become accustomed to it in just a few days – even ending up appreciating the weight and impact it brings to restitution.
Note however that all is not lost for people of the first category because it is possible to calm this emphasis of the bass thanks to the ” Clear Bass ” setting available in the mobile application. It is certainly not a miracle solution, because this adjustment causes in return to appear sensitive irregularities in the serious frequency response. In our opinion, the best compromise is found at the setting “-4” – the one that was used for the above measurement.
No need to revolutionize anything when developing the successor to an already excellent product. On the very solid foundations of the WH-1000XM2, Sony has made some subtle but noticeable improvements in sound and comfort, which make this WH-1000XM3 only a little closer to perfection. All that’s missing is better Bluetooth ergonomics (multipoint connection …) and a slightly less subdued sound, and we’ll be there. With a future WH-1000XM4?
1. Best Sony MDR-1000X Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
2. Best Sony MDR-1AM2 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
3. Best LG Tone Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021