Best Sony Alpha A6300 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020:
As mentioned in its announcement in early February , Sony launches an Alpha 6300 with a reinforced concrete technical sheet: APS-C 24 Mpx sensor, 425-point autofocus (!), 4K and 120 fps video, electronic viewfinder, burst at 11 fps … but still no touch screen.
Best Sony Alpha A6300 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
1. Sony Alpha a6300 Mirrorless Digital Camera with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Power Zoom Lens (Black)
3. Sony Alpha a6400 Mirrorless Camera: Compact APS-C Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with Real-Time Eye Auto Focus. 4K Video, Flip Screen & 16-50mm Lens – E Mount Compatible Cameras – ILCE-6400L/B
4. Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera 24.3 MP SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD – Body Only (Black)
The Sony Alpha A6300 is capable of recording in Ultra HD (3,840 x 2,160 px) on a card in XAVC-S. It incorporates the XAVC-S format for HDTV 1080 recording, but the more conventional AVCHD and MP4 formats are also present.
- PAL formats
- XAVC-S 4K (H.264): 4K TV (3840 x 2160 px) 25p (100 Mbps or 60 Mbps)
- XAVC-S (H.264): HDTV 1080 100p (100 or 60 Mbps), 50p (50 Mbps) and 25p (50 Mbps) / 720p 100p (50 Mbps),
- AVCHD (H.264): HDTV 1080 50i (24, 17 Mbps) / 50p (28 Mbps) / 25p (24, 17 Mbps)
- MP4 (H.264): 1920 x 1080 50p (28 Mbps), 25p (16 Mbps) and 720p 30 fps (6 Mbps)
It is possible to film with the NTSC standard, but this requires a complete reset of the camera. This manipulation monopolizes the device for at least 5 s and above all requires formatting the memory card!
In NTSC mode, the recording rate changes and you can access the “cinema” mode with 24p.
- NTSC formats
- XAVC-S 4K (H.264): 4K TV (3840 x 2160 px) 30 / 24p (100 Mbps or 60 Mbps)
- XAVC-S (H.264): HDTV 1080 120p (100 or 50 Mbps) 60 / 30p (50 Mbps) and 24p (50 Mbps) / 720p 120p (50 Mbps)
- AVCHD: HDTV 1080 60i (24, 17 Mbps) / 60p (28 Mbps) / 24p (24, 17 Mbps)
- MP4: 1920 x 1080: 60p (28 Mpbs), 30p (16 Mbps) and 720p 30 fps (6 Mbps)
It is important to note that for Ultra HD recording, HDTV 1080 up to 60/50 fps, the entire width of the sensor is used (Super 35mm) in a 16/9 ratio. The angle of view therefore varies little between photo mode and video mode. Only the 120 / 100p mode in HDTV 1080 reduces the field.
For UHD video, it is therefore a video resampling which is operated from a 6K capture. For HDTV 1080 video, we did not have any precision, but it is very likely that this is also a resampling of the 6K video to 1080.
The Sony Alpha A6300 offers numerous assistants to support you during your recordings:
- zebras (70/75/80/85/90/95/100 / 100+) and customizable;
- a magnifying glass when focusing manually;
- peaking level / color ;
- TimeCode recording: REC RUN or FREE RUN;
- Dual Video REC (simultaneous recording in XAVC-S and MP4 movie, or in AVCHD and in MP4, for use of PROXY lighter to assemble);
- markers 4: 3/13: 9/14: 9/15: 9 / 1.66: 1 / 1.85: 1 / 2.35: 1.
The Sony Alpha A6300 uses the different color profiles found on the A7S and A7 II . The gammas, matrixings as well as all the other video settings can be configured in the Picture Profiles, as on the semi-professional camcorders of the brand (for more detail, you can refer to our article ” RAW, Log and REC709 “) . You will therefore be able to make the most of the sensor’s capabilities with, in return, a significant post-processing time.
Note that these profiles are always hidden behind obscure names (PP1, PP2, PP3 …). This is hardly practical for switching from one profile to another without consulting their characteristics.
SDXC or SDHC cards are accepted by the A6300, but we were unable to record in XAVC-S with our SDHC cards, which is all the more curious since they offer higher bit rates than those requested for the XAVC-S. The camera then limits the recording of AVCHD or MP4 to a lower bit rate (higher compression). This is an astonishing and restrictive restraint that must be taken into account.
For Ultra HD recording, an SDXC card is essential .
We compared the same scene in HTDV 1080 and UHD (3,840 x 2,160 px) by adjusting the image size to 1080 format. The 4x larger definition of 4K recording makes it possible to obtain a much more precise image. when viewing 1080.
Autofocus is a crucial element in UHD video. The Sony system works quite well (flexible, silent) and is devilishly effective. In video, it is possible to configure the reactivity of the AF system. Indeed, and unlike the photo where you have to be clear immediately, the video sometimes requires softer transitions. Face recognition and AF tracking also work very well. Below, you will find a test carried out in the studio with the 16-70 mm f / 4.
You can easily follow a moving person without the autofocus system constantly pumping to find the point. We have made other tests, especially with the 24mm f / 1.8 at full aperture on a moving person and again the results are good. Be careful, everything is not magic and our tests with a 50mm f / 1.8 were not really conclusive: the search for the point was too slow. In short, in video, as much to choose fast objectives for the development.
The A6300 is eagerly awaited by videographers. The small hybrid body turns out to be an excellent UHD camcorder with a large APS-C sensor. It offers a wide variety of recording formats including an Ultra HD mode at 30/25 / 24p quite interesting. Autofocus tracking is also good, especially in UHD with face recognition. The 120 and 100 fps modes are very interesting for slow motion.
1. Best Sony Alpha A5100 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
2. Best Sony Alpha A6000 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
3. Best Sony Alpha 6600 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020