Best Roomba i7 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020:
The Roomba i7 + is iRobot’s new flagship. Successor of the famous Roomba 980 , this model intends to dust off the catalog of the world leader by betting on an automatic emptying of the collector and personalized cleaning options.
- 1 Best Roomba i7 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
- 1.1 1. iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum- Wi-Fi Connected, Smart Mapping. Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Works With Clean Base
- 1.2 2. iRobot Roomba i7+ (7550) Robot Vacuum with Automatic Dirt Disposal-Empties Itself, Wi-Fi Connected. Smart Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors, Black
- 1.3 3. iRobot Roomba i7+ (7550) Robot Vacuum with Automatic Dirt Disposal and Dual Mode Virtual Wall Barrier Compatible with Roomba 600/700/800/900 Series
- 1.4 4. iRobot Roomba s9+ (9550) Robot Vacuum with Automatic Dirt Disposal- Empties itself, Wi-Fi Connected. Smart Mapping, Powerful Suction, Anti-Allergen System, Corners & Edges, Ideal for Pet Hair, black
- 1.5 5. iRobot Roomba S9 (9150) Robot Vacuum- Wi-Fi Connected, Smart Mapping. Powerful Suction, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Works With Clean Base
- 1.6 CONCLUSION
Best Roomba i7 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
1. iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum- Wi-Fi Connected, Smart Mapping. Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Works With Clean Base
2. iRobot Roomba i7+ (7550) Robot Vacuum with Automatic Dirt Disposal-Empties Itself, Wi-Fi Connected. Smart Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors, Black
3. iRobot Roomba i7+ (7550) Robot Vacuum with Automatic Dirt Disposal and Dual Mode Virtual Wall Barrier Compatible with Roomba 600/700/800/900 Series
4. iRobot Roomba s9+ (9550) Robot Vacuum with Automatic Dirt Disposal- Empties itself, Wi-Fi Connected. Smart Mapping, Powerful Suction, Anti-Allergen System, Corners & Edges, Ideal for Pet Hair, black
5. iRobot Roomba S9 (9150) Robot Vacuum- Wi-Fi Connected, Smart Mapping. Powerful Suction, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Works With Clean Base
Connectivity and application
For this Roomba i7 +, iRobot offered a little makeover to its application. But before you can take advantage of the range of features, it is of course necessary to configure the robot to the home Wi-Fi network. The application supports the user in each process: link with the robot in the Wi-Fi settings of the smartphone, sharing the password for the home network and the case is settled.
Once the Roomba is connected to the home network, the user has several options through the application: he can launch the robot remotely, follow the progress of cleaning, interrupt it or put it when paused, prefer cleaning in three modes (automatic, one pass or two passes), etc. It is obviously possible to consult the history of the robot’s outputs (area, duration, times, etc.) and access the maps recorded by the device. These frighteningly precise maps show the areas covered and neglected by Roomba.
The application also allows the programming of a cleaning by selecting not only the day and the hour of the passage, but also the zone to be vacuumed (whole hearth or room by room). Because this is the main feature of this Roomba: thanks to its smart cards, it can indulge in room-by-room cleaning. For this, it is necessary to use the maps established by the robot and to use the virtual boundaries to create rooms or areas of the room. These manipulations are done with a sigh of bliss (see our news lab on this subject) . On a daily basis, this function is really relevant and enriches the user experience.
The maintenance tab – very useful – provides information on the status of each part of the robot and sends notifications when it is necessary to clean them (robot body, extractors and collector).
This Roomba i7 + takes up the advances inaugurated on the Roomba e5 , which is not to displease us. iRobot has indeed moved the collector on the hoop, which makes it very easy to remove by pressing the button where a basket is drawn.
The collector with a small capacity (0.4 liters) takes the form of a cassette which is removed. Its cover opens when a smaller gray button is pressed (also decorated with the basket icon). The relocation of the waste tank – which was located near the engine on previous versions – now allows it to go underwater. However, remember to remove the filter before submerging it. And precisely, this filter clips and unclips very easily. Note that you will have very little maintenance on this Roomba as it takes advantage of the famous automatic emptying system of the collector.
When the Roomba i7 + has finished cleaning the room, it naturally returns to its charging base. This is topped by another collector which incorporates an automatic emptying system. Within this collector, there is a bag (with a capacity of 1.7 l) which can contain up to 30 full tanks (depending on the manufacturer). The idea is to prevent the user from coming into contact with the dust by emptying it. In addition, this automatic emptying system which passes through a bag (filter) limits the risk of spreading dust.
Like the Roomba 980, this new version is equipped with a camera which allows it to map the rooms and to find its bearings in space. And thanks to this visibility, it is able to move systematically, in a zigzag. While Neato’s robots – which also clean in a zigzag pattern – first go around the room, the Roomba attacks large areas to be cleaned in turn, starting from its charging base.
The coverage of the surfaces is impeccable. All corners are scrupulously cleaned and no area is spared. The lab, like our apartment, is reviewed with precision and this also applies to the contours of furniture and legs of chairs.
The Roomba i7 + moves from one room to another and always performs its task with honors. It systematically returns to its base. Note, however, that iRobot strongly advises not to let Roomba navigate in complete darkness.
Obstacle management is also well assured, but what strikes us is the pace at which the Roomba i7 + travels through the rooms. He’s going fast. And although he manages to detect obstacles, he still manages to get into them. A real go-getter, the Roomba i7 + can even subtly move a light piece of furniture. Bumpers die hard with this device which, rest assured, still does not risk damaging your furniture.
It can easily be mounted on carpets or raised door sills. The transverse chair legs do not scare him, on the contrary, he even manages to get out of trouble trapped under a table surrounded by chairs. Unlike the Neato D4 Connected, it goes under the curtains – what the Neato robot perceives as obstacles.
The results on all surfaces are excellent, with very good coverage. We carried out most of our tests in “Automatic” mode, adjustable on the application.
The Roomba i7 + has been able to provide good performance in terms of suction, except on thick carpet, very dangerous surface. In automatic mode, it was able to vacuum 46% of the waste in 9 min 29 s.
On fine carpet, Roomba did much better by picking up 91% of the materials in 8 min; a great performance. By restarting a cleaning of just a few minutes, the Roomba i7 + managed to get rid of all the materials left on the floor.
Finally on hard ground, the Roomba excelled in sucking up 96% of the materials in 7 min 07 s, after which the robot returned to its base thinking that it had accomplished its task.
Like other high-end iRobot models, this new flagship has an effective dirt detector called Dirt Detect. In our copiously soiled test room, we often saw him move back and forth almost on the spot until the area was clean.
The sound level of this Roomba oscillates between 58 dB (A) and 61 dB (A) depending on the soil and according to the suction phases. These data are a chouia above the average observed within our comparison. In any case, this is not the kind of device that you operate when you are in the room, especially since it is programmable.
The automatic emptying of the collector is very noisy. We have indeed noted a noise level of 75 dB (A). Fortunately, the emptying does not take more than ten seconds.
This Roomba runs out of steam after 1 h 26 min; fairly comfortable endurance. To date, it is still the Xiaomi Roborock S50 which remains the most autonomous of our comparison (2 h 40 mins of cleaning). The full recharge of the battery is very fast: it takes about 1 h 20 min.
The Roomba i7 + marks the renewal that we expected at iRobot, who were accused of falling asleep on its laurels. The successor of Roomba 980 gives its elder a serious look of old. The automatic emptying system is certainly not essential, but it is effective. This Roomba multiplies the good points with its very good coverage of surfaces. Its management of obstacles and its suction performance. Special mention to its application which provides smart cards and allows room-by-room cleaning.
1. Best Roomba s9 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
2. Best iLife V8s Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
3. Best Vitamix Total Nutrition Center Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020