Best Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021:
The zoom Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14 & # 8209; 150mm 1: 4.0 & # 8209; 5.6 II is one of the great classics of the transtandard hybrid in Micro 4/3 format. Introduced in 2015, it finally makes its appearance in our laboratory.
Represented by Olympus and Panasonic, the category of hybrid cameras equipped with Micro 4/3 mount has a wide range of lenses. Among the highly sought-after references, we find zoom lenses with a wide focal range, such as the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14
Even if this is less and less true today – especially since the appearance of the Panasonic Lumix S1 – the hybrid category has long been synonymous with compactness. More specifically, the Micro 4/3 ranges have based a good part of their reputation on various optics , their reduced size and their attractive price. The big zoom of Olympus marks points on these different terrains. Equivalent to a 28-300mm, this zoom impresses with its amplitude.
It is made up of 15 elements divided into 11 groups, including 3 aspherical lenses. The minimum focusing distance is 50 cm, while the magnification is 0.22x. The aperture is slippery from f / 4 to f / 5.6 on TV, for a minimum value at f / 22. The diaphragm is made up of 7 strips.
- 1 Best Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
- 1.1 1. Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4.0-5.6 R Zoom Lens, for Micro Four Thirds Cameras (Black)
- 1.2 2. Olympus V316020BU000 M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm F4.0-5.6 II Lens, for Micro Four Thirds Cameras (Black)
- 1.3 3. Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Lens, for Micro Four Thirds Camera (Black)
- 1.4 4. Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II R Lens, for Micro Four Thirds Cameras (Black)
- 1.5 5. Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 30mm F3.5 Macro Lens, for Micro Four Thirds Cameras
- 1.6 CONCLUSION
Best Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
2. Olympus V316020BU000 M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm F4.0-5.6 II Lens, for Micro Four Thirds Cameras (Black)
Small, light and tropicalized
Let’s attack the owner’s turn with the measurements. With a length of 8.3 cm and a diameter of 6.4 cm, the lens is really small. The weight does not exceed 285 g. The lens easily fits in the palm of your hand. Associated with our GX8 or a Pen-F , it will easily find its place in a bag. The dimensions are not constant and the deployed objective reaches 14 cm.
The finish does not present any particular defect, even if it does not reach the level of the best references – like those of the Pro range from Olympus. The design is rather successful and remains in line with the Zuiko Digital range. The zoom ring is large and works smoothly, but it could have been smoother. The focus ring on the front of the lens may turn a little too easily and work without stops.
The measurements in our laboratory are made in partnership with Imatest. Software, tools or charts, Imatest offers complete and tailor-made solutions to analyze and test the quality of cameras and photographic lenses.
The notion of dive is quite delicate to deal with. This is what we can assimilate to the “feeling of sharpness” or to the “precision” that we observe on an image. It can be very different from one lens to another, from one focal to another and from one aperture to another. It can also vary between the center and the edges of the image.
We tested the lens with a Panasonic GX8 sensor type 4/3 “20.3 Mpx with a definition of 5 184 × 3 888 px. Each pixel therefore measures 3.33 µm side.
And watch out for long focal lengths: the closer you get to 150mm, the more you will have to try to set the aperture to f / 8, the only value that manages to stand out when you zoom in.
With a sliding aperture of f / 4 to f / 5.6 associated with the nine blades of the diaphragm, this Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED does not position itself as a champion of background blurring. This is quickly confirmed with bokeh bubbles subjected to light and angular leaks. Lacking a high-end finish, the lenses do not eliminate unsightly optical defects.
Combined with our Panasonic GX8, the telephoto lens was quick to focus. The grip is smooth and the pumping effects are limited under good light conditions. At the bottom of the zoom – and therefore with a smaller aperture generating a loss of light -, the focusing can be recalcitrant if the light atmosphere is complicated and if the contrast of the subject is not marked enough.
- Versatility of the focal range.
- Light and compact.
- All weather finish.
- Good dive at certain apertures and certain focal points.
- Lack of homogeneity of sharpness.
- Chromatic aberrations on TV and large openings.
- No stabilization.
- Autofocus at full zoom and in low light.
- Absence of manual shortcuts on the barrel.
The Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1: 4.0-5.6 II lens with Micro 4/3 mount is proudly present. Even if it logically makes some concessions inherent in its wide focal range (slippery opening little light, uneven dive …), its qualities are undeniable. The construction is far from bad and tropicalization is in addition to the game. To this is added a great versatility contained in only 8.3 cm long and a weight that does not exceed 300 g.
1. Best Fujifilm X-H1 Hybrid Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
2. Best Fujifilm Fujinon XF 80 mm Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
3. Best Olympus TG-870 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021