- 1 Best Fujifilm Fujinon XF16mm F2.8 R WR Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021:
- 2 Best Fujifilm Fujinon XF16mm F2.8 R WR Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
- 3 CONCLUSION
Best Fujifilm Fujinon XF16mm F2.8 R WR Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021:
Announced at the same time as the X-T30 , the Fujinon XF16mm F2.8 R WR is a compact lens offering a field equivalent to that of a 24mm in 24×36. It is not very bright but produces beautiful images.
Formalized at the same time as the X-T30 hybrid , the Fujinon XF 16mm F2.8 R WR completes Fujifilm’s range of light and compact fixed focal lengths for its APS-C hybrids. It is the widest angle model with a coverage field equivalent to that of a 24mm in 24×36, but it is also the least bright with a maximum aperture of f / 2.8. The other models in the range, the Fujinon XF23mm F2 R WR , XF35mm F2 R WR and XF50mm F2 R WR are 1 IL brighter. Like them, the Fujinon XF 16mm F2.8 R WR is nevertheless a high-end lens with several seals which give it the qualifier of Weather Resistant and a diaphragm ring indicated by the letter R for Ring.
Made from 10 optical elements divided into 8 groups, the lens incorporates two aspherical lenses. Its external structure is made of metal and its internal autofocus motorization is ensured by a stepping motor. Its circular diaphragm is made up of 9 blades and its adjustment ring notched by 1/3 of IL. Delivered with a small sun visor in corolla, it measures only 60 mm in diameter for 45 mm long and weighs 155 g.
In the Fujinon range, there is another 16 mm, the XF16mm F1.4 R WR , brighter but also more bulky (73 mm long and a weight of 375 g). Fujifilm also offers an XF14mm F2.8 R and an XF18mm F2 R offering respectively a field equivalent to that of a 21 mm and a 27 mm in 24×36. The construction of these two objectives is not all-time.
Best Fujifilm Fujinon XF16mm F2.8 R WR Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
- High resolution performance: edge-to-edge sharpness from the center to the corners of the frame is achieved by the precise arrangement of 10 lens elements in 8 groups. This lens also includes two aspherical elements, which serve to suppress the image degrading effects of chromatic aberration and field curvature imperfection.
- Compact, lightweight and Stylish design: weighing in at 5. 47oz (155G) and measuring just 1. 79in (45. 4mm) in length, This lens offers up the renowned image quality and refined style associated with the Fujinon XF family of lenses. With its metal exterior, precise click Stops, and smooth dampening, this lens offers incredible image quality in a durable aesthetically pleasing appearance.
- 24mm in 35mm format equivalentTo adjust focus, rotate the focus ring while viewing the effects in the camera display The focus distance and depth-of-field indicators can be used to assist manual focus
- Angle of view: 83.2°.Minimum working distance of less than 6 inches, Max magnification : 021x
- Optically designed to draw out the maximum image quality of a flagship standard zoom lens Angle of view 83 2°- 29°
- Focal length(35mm format equivalent) f=16-55mm (24-84mm) Focus range Normal - 0 6m - ∞(whole zoom position) Macro - 30cm - 10m (Wide) 40cm - 10m (Telephoto)
- Consisting of 16 elements in 12 groups, the FUJINON XF16-80mmF4 R OIS WR Lens also features one aspherical element that is specially designed to minimize field curvature and spherical aberration.
- A small, compact, and versatile lens for any shooting situation - Covering an effective focal range from 24mm to 120mm, the FUJINON XF16-80mmF4 R OIS WR weighs just 15. 5 oz. (440 g) and is only 3. 5in (88. 9mm) long. This makes it approximately 40% lighter than similar, traditional 35mm system lenses, which means it won’t weigh you down when you’re spending an entire day looking to capture that perfect moment.
The compactness and lightness are obviously assets for this Fujinon XF16mm F2.8 R WR which goes very well with a compact hybrid like the X-T30 that we used for our test.
Made of metal, the lens inspires confidence and its retro design is in perfect harmony with the range developed by the manufacturer. Its fixing ring has a seal. Others are present inside, at the level of the rings, which allows it to display the acronym WR for Weather Resist. Again this is a positive point for this objective that can easily be associated with an X-T3 , an X-H1 or an X-Pro2 , also with an all-weather design.
Like all the lenses in the XF range, with the exception of the XF27mm F2.8 , this 16mm has an aperture adjustment ring. It is notched by 1/3 of crosstalk and has a position A for those who wish to work in “exposure time priority” or in “automatic mode” or who find it more pleasant to adjust the opening via the dials of the device. On the other hand, it is not possible to suppress the notching of the ring for a continuous adjustment as on the Sony FE 24mm f / 1.4 GM and FE 135 mm f / 1.8 GM or on the future Sigma 35 mm f / 1,2 DG DN Art . This ring remains very pleasant to use, even if it would have deserved a slightly firmer notching.
With a covered field equivalent to that of a 24mm in 24×36, this 16mm is a lens that will be used for reporting as well as landscapes. Its average aperture at f / 2.8, the lowest of all the range of fixed focal lengths of Fujifilm, is not a problem for this kind of photographic practice. But a stabilization system would have been appreciated when the light started to run out or when a long exposure created movement in the image. To date, only the X-H1 has a mechanical sensor stabilization system. This functionality is therefore all the more useful on the range of Fujinon X-mount lenses.
With a minimum focusing distance of 17 cm, the lens does not allow a 0.13x magnification to be exceeded, but remains very versatile.
Its diaphragm composed of nine slats creates a nice bokeh on which we did not notice any deformation in the center. On the sides, there is still a slight effect of onion-ring and deformation of the circles.
Finally, the internal autofocus controlled by a stepper motor is silent and fast. It proved to be efficient during our field tests.
The measurements in our laboratory are made in partnership with Imatest . Software, tools or charters, Imatest offers complete and tailor-made solutions to analyze and test the quality of cameras and photographic lenses.
The notion of dive is quite delicate to deal with. This is what we can assimilate to the “feeling of sharpness” or to the “precision” that we observe on an image. It can be very different from one lens to another, from one focal to another and from one aperture to another. It can also vary between the center and the edges of the image.
We tested the lens with a Fujifilm X-T30 with a 26.1 MP APS-C type sensor with a definition of 6 240 × 4 160 px. Each pixel therefore measures 3.78 µm on a side.
Despite a lack of homogeneity at full aperture and at f / 4, the Fujinon XF16mm F2.8 R WR displays good optical performance with a sharpness always high in the center. It will have to be used between f / 5.6 and f / 11 so that it gives the best of itself with details correctly restored in the center as on the edges and in the angles. At f / 16, the results remain very good, but we will avoid the extreme f / 22 position due to strong diffraction.
At f / 2.8, the lens struggles to render fine details. The situation improves at f / 4, but it is from f / 5.6 that the results become very good at the edges.
We also appreciate the total absence of chromatic aberration.
- Opening ring.
- Vignetting content.
- Quiet and fast autofocus.
- Strong dive in the center.
- Nice homogeneity from f / 5.6.
- No stabilization.
- No AF / MF selector.
- Average opening.
- Lack of homogeneity at f / 2.8.
We would have liked to take advantage of an optical stabilization system or a slightly higher aperture. But with its only 155 g and 45 mm long, the Fujinon XF16mm F2.8 R WR has the advantage of being light and fits in any pocket. Its performance at full aperture can be improved, but it is excellent from f / 5.6. Perfect companion for reporting or landscapes, it is also one of the cheapest models in the XF range.
1. Best Fujifilm GFX 100 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
2. Best Fujifilm Instax Square SQ20 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
3. Best Sigma sd Quattro Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021