Best Asus ROG Strix Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020:
The famous range of Asus ROG Strix gaming laptops is enriched with a new one, the GL702ZC. Unlike his colleagues, he has an interesting feature: he is equipped with a Ryzen 7 processor and an RX 580 graphics card.
For this model, Asus therefore made an infidelity to Intel by offering the very powerful AMD Ryzen 7 1700 processor accompanied by an AMD Radeon RX 580 graphics card . A beautiful configuration in a PC that manages to convince in almost all areas, despite obvious weaknesses.
- 1 Best Asus ROG Strix Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
- 1.1 1. Asus ROG Strix G (2019) Gaming Laptop, 15.6” IPS Type FHD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650. Intel Core i7-9750H, 16GB DDR4, 1TB PCIe Nvme SSD, RGB KB, Windows 10 Home, GL531GT-EB76
- 1.2 2. ASUS ROG G531GT-BI7N6 15.6″ FHD Gaming Laptop Computer, Intel Hexa-Core i7-9750H Up to 4.5GHz. 8GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, 802.11ac WiFi, HDMI, USB 3.0, Windows 10
- 1.3 3. 2020 Asus ROG Strix G 15.6 Inch FHD 1080P Gaming Laptop, Intel 6-Core i7-9750H up to 4.5GHz, GTX 1650 4GB. 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB SSD (Boot) + 1TB HDD, Backlit KB, Win10 + NexiGo Wireless Mouse Bundle
- 1.4 4. Asus ROG Strix Scar III (2019) Gaming Laptop, 15.6” 240Hz IPS Type Full HD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070. Intel Core i7-9750H, 16GB DDR4, 1TB PCIe Nvme SSD, Per-Key RGB KB, Windows 10, G531GW-DB76
- 1.5 5. 2019 ASUS ROG G531GT 15.6″ FHD Gaming Laptop- Hexa-Core 4.5 GHz Intel i7-9750H, 16GB DDR4. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 4GB GDDR5, 512GB PCIe SSD, RGB Backlit KB, HDMI, USB 3.0
- 1.6 CONCLUSION
Best Asus ROG Strix Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
1. Asus ROG Strix G (2019) Gaming Laptop, 15.6” IPS Type FHD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650. Intel Core i7-9750H, 16GB DDR4, 1TB PCIe Nvme SSD, RGB KB, Windows 10 Home, GL531GT-EB76
2. ASUS ROG G531GT-BI7N6 15.6″ FHD Gaming Laptop Computer, Intel Hexa-Core i7-9750H Up to 4.5GHz. 8GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, 802.11ac WiFi, HDMI, USB 3.0, Windows 10
3. 2020 Asus ROG Strix G 15.6 Inch FHD 1080P Gaming Laptop, Intel 6-Core i7-9750H up to 4.5GHz, GTX 1650 4GB. 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB SSD (Boot) + 1TB HDD, Backlit KB, Win10 + NexiGo Wireless Mouse Bundle
4. Asus ROG Strix Scar III (2019) Gaming Laptop, 15.6” 240Hz IPS Type Full HD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070. Intel Core i7-9750H, 16GB DDR4, 1TB PCIe Nvme SSD, Per-Key RGB KB, Windows 10, G531GW-DB76
5. 2019 ASUS ROG G531GT 15.6″ FHD Gaming Laptop- Hexa-Core 4.5 GHz Intel i7-9750H, 16GB DDR4. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 4GB GDDR5, 512GB PCIe SSD, RGB Backlit KB, HDMI, USB 3.0
Asus does not change its formula and offers a computer with an iconic design from the Republic of Gamers range. As on other products, the manufacturer combines plastic with aluminum in a black and red chassis, with lines oscillating between roundness and aggressiveness.
In terms of design, few risks have been taken compared to the other models in the range. The GL702ZC is a PC-oriented gamers and will assume as such, not hesitating to make almost too much in this area, including through its vents in angular design and keyboard backlit in red. On this point, Asus has not changed its formula either and therefore offers a correct chiclet keyboard, but far from excellent. If its long stroke is pleasant under the fingers, the plastic between the keys which bends with each press is less so. The trackpad is mediocre; it often loses the pointer during navigation and the user will quickly connect a real mouse to play.
The connectivity is very complete with three USB 3.0 ports, a USB Type-C port, a mini DisplayPort port, an HDMI port, an Ethernet port, a 3.5 mm jack port and a microSD card reader. A good point for this PC which knows how to be versatile here.
Once passed in front of our thermal camera, the Strix reveals its first big weakness: the heater. With a Ryzen 7 and an RX 580, it is logical that heat generation is important, but this remains a major defect for a laptop. During our usual protocol (one hour on the Metro Last Light benchmark ), the GL702ZC is mounted up to 50 ° C on the ventilation grilles, which is a lot. This heating is unfortunately not offset by discretion, since the PC has reached 49 dB in noise emissions. Again, it’s a lot. Power is therefore paid at this level, while a little more care on the part of Asus could have limited the breakage in this area.
In terms of consumption, the Strix GL702ZC is relatively greedy, although far from being an abyss. In standby, it consumes 5 W and goes up to 45 W on the desktop. An energy-consuming PC, therefore, another price to pay for power.
In short, in terms of construction, the Strix GL702ZC is not surprising. True to its range, Asus does not deviate an iota, even if it means making mistakes. The manufacturer could have sought to better control the heating, but the thing was expected with such a configuration. However, we appreciate the general design and its finish.
The Strix is equipped with a 17.3 inch (43.9 cm) IPS screen with a resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 px. Its edges are not particularly fine, but the screen / front ratio is 77.14%, which is good for a gaming laptop and reflects a good balance in this area.
Once in our lab, the screen of the Strix GL702ZC reveals very correct results. If we regret a fairly low contrast ratio of 950: 1, which harms the vision of details and shades of gray, we must salute an almost perfect color temperature of 6,750 K, reflecting a good balance between red and blue, as well as a Delta E of 4.3 attesting to good color compliance for a laptop. Recall that the delta E represents the difference between the theoretical colors and the displayed colors, and that it is considered to be excellent below 3, while the standard for the color temperature is 6,500 K.
The remanence is 14 ms, which is very correct on this type of panel.
Our test configuration of the Strix GL702ZC is therefore equipped with an AMD Ryzen 7 1700 processor which has already proven its value in its segment, supported by 8 GB of RAM, a 256 GB SSD and a 1 TB hard drive. put to the test, the processor lives up to its reputation.
Subject to our test protocol (video, audio, photo compression), the PC reached the index of 154, the best score among the laptops in our comparison . It surpasses by a few points PCs equipped with Intel Core i7 processors like the Gigabyte Aero 15 X or the MSI GT75 VR Titan Pro . With such computing power, the user can risk doing heavy tasks, such as audio and video editing or advanced photo editing, and of course office tasks … In short, versatility comes first.
The Asus ROG Strix is equipped with an AMD RX 580 graphics card that manages to fare well without bending.
During our usual benchmarks (maximum graphics, 1080p, vertical sync disabled), the Strix GL702ZC achieved a score of 44 fps on The Witcher 3 , 61 fps on Rise of the Tomb Raider , 59 fps on Civilization VI and 72 fps on Metro: Last Light . We can therefore run the last big games of the moment without problem.
In graphics performance, the Strix defends itself by reaching the index of 110 on our test protocol based on 3D Mark. This puts him shoulder to shoulder with the Gigabyte Saber 17 and its GeForce GTX 1060 (test to be published soon), and – logically – slightly behind models equipped with a GeForce GTX 1070, including the Strix G502VS (index: 114 ), or the HP Omen X (117).
Mobility / Autonomy
In terms of size, the Asus ROG Strix GL702ZC is a classic gaming PC : like its counterparts, it is more portable than portable. Note that with its 2.7 kg, it is relatively light for a computer in its range; nevertheless it remains bulky in a bag, especially with its huge food.
But what is problematic here is autonomy. During our usual protocol (Netflix in Chrome, brightness set to 200 cd / m²), the Strix GL702ZC barely exceeded two hours of use, turning off after 122 minutes. A test that we carried out twice to have the heart net, with the same result. The autonomy of the Strix GL702ZC is therefore poor, even for a gaming PC . You should never go too far from an outlet.
On the audio side, the Asus ROG Strix GL702ZC remains in line with other gaming PCs : it has fairly bad speakers, and a decent headphone jack. The speakers do not cover the entire sound spectrum. Completely ignoring the bass, they deliver an acid sound, which the low power makes the ear really unpleasant, and the voices lack foundation.
The headphone jack, it fulfills its contract and presents fair scores in almost all areas, whether dynamic, distortion or crosstalk. On the other hand, the power released is really low for a laptop.
- Very convincing CPU / GPU couple.
- Excellent performance in computing power.
- Quality screen.
- Heats a lot.
- Really annoying noise.
- Very low autonomy.
The Asus ROG Strix GL702ZC is a laptop for gamers that oscillates between very good and average. Having big advantages, like its power, its screen or its finish, it also drags some really annoying cannonballs, including poorly controlled heating and poor autonomy. Nevertheless, he generally fulfills his contract and offers a computer very suitable for gaming, provided that some concessions are made.
1. Best Gigabyte Aero 15X V8 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
2. Best Zotac GeForce RTX 2070 Blower Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
3. Best Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020