Best Zotac GeForce RTX 2070 Blower Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021:
Zotac plays simplicity with the GeForce RTX 2070 Blower. This custom model has no factory overclocking and is content with a basic cooling system, so as to offer a floor price for this type of GPU. Savings that are not without consequences.
After testing several GeForce 2070 RTX custom mid and high-end, go to the GeForce 2070 RTX Blower Zotac is scoring more than one. What strikes you first is the weight. With less than 700 grams on the scale, we are very far from the more than 1.5 kg of models like the MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Gaming Z or the Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2070 Strix OC . This lightness accentuates somewhere the feeling of holding an entry-level graphics card, especially since the plastic casing could not be more basic and of poor quality. Indeed, this protective shell is for example not really straight and undulates quite strongly in several places.
Once disassembled, the graphics card suggests a cooling system of basic design. The graphics chip is in contact with a medium-sized copper vapor chamber. This plate is attached to a small aluminum radiator. The supply stage is in contact with a metal plate – a plate directly welded to the fins of the radiator. The 8 GB of GDDR6 memory does not benefit from any heat dissipation aid.
The cooling then passes through a turbine type fan, placed at the end of the graphics card. This type of fan has the advantage of expelling the air outside the housing, unlike axial fans which leave it to the fans of the housing to take out the heat.
- 1 Best Zotac GeForce RTX 2070 Blower Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
- 1.1 1. ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 2070 Super Mini 8GB GDDR6 256-Bit 14Gbps Gaming Graphics Card, Ice Storm 2.0, Super Compact, ZT-T20710E-10M
- 1.2 2. ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2070 AMP Extreme 8GB GDDR6 256-bit RGB LED Metal Wrap Backplate Graphics Card – ZT-T20700B-10P
- 1.3 3. ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2070 AMP Extreme Core 8GB GDDR6 256-bit RGB LED Metal Wrap Backplate Graphics Card – ZT-T20700C-10P
- 1.4 CONCLUSION
Best Zotac GeForce RTX 2070 Blower Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
1. ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 2070 Super Mini 8GB GDDR6 256-Bit 14Gbps Gaming Graphics Card, Ice Storm 2.0, Super Compact, ZT-T20710E-10M
2. ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2070 AMP Extreme 8GB GDDR6 256-bit RGB LED Metal Wrap Backplate Graphics Card – ZT-T20700B-10P
3. ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2070 AMP Extreme Core 8GB GDDR6 256-bit RGB LED Metal Wrap Backplate Graphics Card – ZT-T20700C-10P
Factory frequencies and manual overclocking
Zotac does not offer any factory overclocking here . The GeForce RTX 2070 Blower has its GPU tuned to a base frequency of 1410 MHz and a GPU Boost frequency of 1620 MHz. After more than 30 minutes of non-stop play, the actual frequency varies quite strongly between 1545 and 1620 MHz for an average of 1590 MHz during a test in WQHD. Moving to a lower definition, the average frequency is higher, at 1680 MHz.
In manual overclocking , our test model could be pushed to 1780 MHz for the GPU and 1825 MHz for the memory. Again, we are very far from the possibilities offered by the best custom models which allow to approach 2100 MHz for the GPU and 1900 MHz for the memory.
Not surprisingly, the noise level of the cooling system is higher than that recorded on two or three fan systems. The operation of the card is clearly audible and the hum produced by the fan can be disturbing. The graphics chip is kept at 80 ° C, which is pretty good. At rest, the breath of the single fan remains audible but not disturbing.
Performance in games
As seen a little further upstream, the cooling system does not maintain a very high GPU frequency for a GeForce RTX 2070. This is directly reflected in the performance in video games where the Zotac Blower is behind 11% on average compared to Asus ROG RTX GeForce 2070 OC Strix or MSI GeForce 2070 RTX Gaming Z . An entry-level axial fan model like the GeForce RTX 2070 Armor from MSI also remains superior, by 4% on average.
In Full HD, the differences are reduced, the performance being smoothed more or less strongly by the processor – an Intel Core i7-8700K in our case. The Zotac card is then equal with the Armor and is content with 6% difference with the Gaming Z.
The power consumption is quite classic for a GeForce RTX 2070 not overclocked . The card alone draws a little less than 180 watts on average, and a little more than this peak value. The energy efficiency is adequate and similar to what the MSI RTX 2070 Armor offers.
- Correct performance for an RTX 2070 not overclocked.
- Ventilation system not very discreet in games.
- Little leeway for manual overclocking.
- Manufacturing quality.
With the GeForce RTX 2070 Blower, Zotac plays the sobriety card in order to offer a low price. This is done to the detriment of the cooling efficiency, which also induces performance behind the best custom cards – we are talking here about ten percent on average.
1. Best Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
2. Best MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
3. Best MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021