Best Corsair K57 RGB Wireless Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020:
With the K57 RGB Wireless, Corsair seeks to appeal to players looking for the most affordable wireless gaming keyboard possible. Does he have the right arguments to convince them?
The essential to remember
The K57 RGB Wireless is the wireless version of the K55 RGB that we tested recently. It incorporates the majority of the components of the latter, with an introductory price of € 99.99. It is a membrane keyboard with dome switches, matched with 111 keys (including 6 dedicated macro keys), dedicated multimedia keys, a removable palm rest, an RGB backlight, an anti-ghosting function and a 8KRO system. The build quality and typing experience are extremely close, not to say similar. We invite you to take a quick tour of the K55 RGB test side to find out more.
The K57 RGB Wireless differs from the K55 RGB in the first place in terms of connectivity. This model offers a wide variety of connection possibilities: it can be connected wirelessly by 2.4 GHz connection (called Slipstream) using the small dongle provided, in Bluetooth to two different devices, or even wired via the micro-USB port located on the rear side of the keyboard. In all cases, the connection is very easy – a small LED indicates the connection status of the keyboard. In wireless connection with the USB dongle (recognized elsewhere on PS4), the manufacturer indicates an ultra-low latency of one millisecond. We have not detected any problem at this level, even on very demanding games.
Best Corsair K57 RGB Wireless Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
1. CORSAIR K57 RGB Wireless Gaming Keyboard – <1ms response time with Slipstream Wireless. Connect with USB dongle, Bluetooth or wired – Individually Backlit RGB Keys, Black
2. CORSAIR K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard – Quiet & Satisfying LED Backlit Keys – Media Controls. Wrist Rest Included – Onboard Macro Recording (Renewed)
3. Corsair K63 Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Backlit Blue LED, Cherry MX Red – Quiet & Linear
4. Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard – IP42 Dust and Water Resistance – 6 Programmable Macro Keys. Dedicated Media Keys – Detachable Palm Rest Included
5. Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – USB Passthrough & Media Controls. Linear & Quiet – Cherry MX Red – RGB LED Backlit, CH-9109010-NA
The autonomy promised by the K57 RGB Wireless can vary from 35 h to 175 h depending on the intensity and the effect of the backlight. We were able to confirm this first fact in practice, which is much more generous than the 3 pm offered by Corsair’s other wireless keyboard, the K63 Wireless. On the other hand, nothing allows you to easily and precisely know the battery level directly on the keyboard (only a small red LED lights up when the battery is low). You should rely on the indication given in the advanced menus of the iCUE application.
The second and last difference with the K55 is identifiable in the backlight. The integrated LEDs of the K57 RGB Wireless benefit from Capellix technology for backlit key by key and less consumption of the latter. Aesthetically speaking, the result is more successful than on the K55. On the other hand, we would have greatly appreciated further customization in order to take full advantage of this key-by-key backlighting. Unfortunately, you have to be satisfied with the predefined effects, and it is not possible to illuminate only or differently certain useful keys in the game, for example. Like the K55, it is possible to switch between three levels of light intensity thanks to the dedicated button on the keyboard.
- Full keyboard with macro and dedicated multimedia keys (+ possibility to assign a macro to all standard keys)
- Ultra-versatile use (2.4 GHz wireless with dongle, pairing to two Bluetooth devices, wired)
- 8KRO system and anti-ghosting
- Key-by-key backlight
- Presence of a removable palm rest
- Improved typing experience (significant stroke and pressure for key activation)
- A little rudimentary construction on certain aspects…
- … That we would like to use other than for aesthetic purposes (no advanced customization possible)
- A little rough contact
The Corsair K57 RGB Wireless is a wireless keyboard that has many features specific to gaming models , but which ultimately turns out to be more appropriate and comfortable for multimedia use. The typing experience offered by its rubber dome switches is correct, but clearly a good step below what the mechanical switches of all other models of the genre can deliver. We think in particular of the K63 Wireless from Corsair, but also the G613 from Logitech, for example. We advise you to turn to the latter if you want to seriously invest in a good wireless gaming keyboard with macro keys, dedicated multimedia shortcuts and as many connection possibilities.
1. Best SteelSeries Rival 500 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
2. Best Crucial P1 1 TB Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
3. Best Crucial X8 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020