Best Withings Steel Activity Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021:
While Withings takes advantage of the CES in Las Vegas 2017 to formalize – with a little delay on the initial planning – the release of its new Activity Steel HR watch, return to the Steel Activity that preceded it and that we had not yet tested.
Launched just a year ago at € 169.95, we can now find the Steel Activity at € 129.95 (manufacturer price), which may prove to be a good plan knowing that its (new) little sister with an integrated cardio sensor is sold from € 189.95. Analog activity watch, the Steel is the manufacturer’s third (now a Nokia entity) after the Activity and Activity Pop watches. On a common approach, the totes are distinguished by their “Swiss Made” manufacturing (for the Activity), their fashion aspect (Pop Activity), and their timeless side (Steel Activity). So the Steel, is it still worth it?
- 1 Best Withings Steel Activity Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
- 1.1 1. Withings Steel HR – Hybrid Smartwatch – Activity Tracker with Connected GPS, Heart Rate Monitor. Sleep Monitor, Smart Notifications, Water Resistant with 25-day battery life
- 1.2 2. Withings ActivitÃ Steel – Activity and Sleep Tracking Watch
- 1.3 3. Withings Steel HR Sport Hybrid Smartwatch (40mm) – Activity, Sleep, Fitness and Heart Rate Tracker with Connected GPS. Smart Notifications, Water Resistant with 25-day battery life
- 1.4 4. Withings Steel HR Hybrid Smartwatch – Activity, Sleep, Fitness and Heart Rate Tracker with Connected GPS. White, Grey Silicone – 36mm (36white – RG – S. Grey-All-Inter)
- 1.5 5. Withings Activité Steel – Activity and Sleep Tracking Watch
- 2 CONCLUSION
Best Withings Steel Activity Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
1. Withings Steel HR – Hybrid Smartwatch – Activity Tracker with Connected GPS, Heart Rate Monitor. Sleep Monitor, Smart Notifications, Water Resistant with 25-day battery life
3. Withings Steel HR Sport Hybrid Smartwatch (40mm) – Activity, Sleep, Fitness and Heart Rate Tracker with Connected GPS. Smart Notifications, Water Resistant with 25-day battery life
4. Withings Steel HR Hybrid Smartwatch – Activity, Sleep, Fitness and Heart Rate Tracker with Connected GPS. White, Grey Silicone – 36mm (36white – RG – S. Grey-All-Inter)
Once unpacked, the Withings Steel Activity reveals like a well-known air. A little plump, with a thickness of 11.5 mm and has a dial of 36.3 mm in diameter. It asserts itself by its sleek design, in glass and stainless steel, a duo here winner. Masculinity, but not too much; one can easily imagine it around a female wrist.
Formerly only supplied with a black silicone strap, it is now possible to choose it from countless combinations of dials/bracelets. Otherwise, you can add an optional bracelet. There are eight in silicone (sold € 30 per unit) and two in leather (offered at € 80 anyway). The good point remains the fastening system, fast and reliable.
Running on battery, the watch does not need to be recharged one or more times a week, it is an undeniable plus. The downside: it is not a so-called “connected” watch, but an activity watch that connects to the smartphone (iOS or Android) to provide it with the information collected by its sensors. Shade. These data are limited to monitoring the number of steps and measuring the quality of sleep (deep, light). Waterproof (up to 5 ATM, or -50 meters), the Steel Activity also detects the type of activity performed. For cardio, you will have to wait for the Steel HR Activity…
The daily sensor
As with its previous Activity watches, Withings has kept its double analog dial system: the first gives the time, the second, smaller and resembles a speedometer, indicates the percentage of activity carried out daily compared to the target set through the app. The idea is attractive: no need to carry out any manipulation to know if you have walked enough. A simple glance is enough. The programming of silent alarms is appreciable: slight vibrations come out of the arms of Morpheus.
On a daily basis, the elegance of the Withings Steel Activity is an asset. Its somewhat “old-fashioned” design is certainly a masterpiece, but it is likely to appeal to the greatest number. A little basic, the silicone bracelet (identical to that of the Pop Activity) lacks a little personality for our taste.
In addition to the many colors offered, texture effects would have added a little fun to the product. We saw above that it was possible to afford an optional silicone bracelet. But also a nice leather bracelet at the price – prohibitive of 80 €. Too bad that you always have to go through accessories whose prices often dampen enthusiasm …
It’s been a while since Withings has returned to its interface. If we like to hope for a small cosmetic update that would offer it a little modernism, there is no hurry, however. The Withings Mate app is one of our favorites. Readable and intuitive, it is common to all Withings products that can connect to it.
It is important to specify that if the watch dial only reveals the percentage of step objective that is achieved daily compared to the objective set in the application, the latter also proposes to set a target of ‘hours of sleep to reach. The results will only be visible through its interface. Obviously, we also find the distance traveled, the calories burned and the time of intensive activity. For swimming, the Withings Steel Activity records the duration of the sessions and the calories expended there. We deplore some slow synchronization between the watch and its app, a recurring problem.
People who already have a Withings connected device can take advantage of their annual activity report, comparing their performance to that of their same-sex and same-age peers. Big data is applied to yourself. Not uninteresting…
Announced at 8 months by the manufacturer, we know from the various existing returns on the Steel Activity that the promise of Withings is generally kept. The duration of our test (15 days) does not allow us to confirm these statements. A chasm nevertheless separates this type of watch from other activity sensors with an Oled or LCD screen whose autonomy does not exceed 5 days on average.
With now four models, the range of activity watches from Withings becomes substantial and allows the new Nokia health entity to occupy all possible price segments, from 89 to 199 €. Halfway, the Withings Steel Activity has real potential for seduction for anyone who wants to have a pretty, discreet watch-tracker that can be worn day and night. A little limited for sporting activity, even if it recognizes walking, running, and swimming, the Steel remains a serious knockout and quite unique in its kind.
1. Best Runtastic Orbit Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
2. Best Polar RC3 GPS Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
3. Best Polar Loop 2 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021