Best Razer Cynosa Chroma Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020:
Initially presented as a membrane keyboard, the Cynosa Chroma has just crossed the doors of our editorial office for a test and, surprise, it only uses traditional domes. A bad for a good.
At the first contact with the Cynosa Chroma, we wondered about the presence of the mecha-membrane announced in the initial French press release, the touch of the keyboard being absolutely not comparable to that of the Ornata (endowed, of a mega- embrane). Disassembling the keys eliminated our last doubts and confirmed a translation problem – independent of Razer – mistakenly covering the Cynosa Chroma with a mecha-membrane. It is therefore beautiful and has a traditional membrane and rubber domes.
Now that the Cynosa Chroma is properly placed in its category, we can present it to you in more detail. Note that it is already available at a price slightly higher than that announced (around 80 € instead of 70 €).
- 1 Best Razer Cynosa Chroma Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
- 1.1 1. Razer Cynosa Lite Gaming Keyboard: Customizable Single Zone Chroma RGB Lighting. Spill-Resistant Design – Programmable Macro Functionality – Quiet & Cushioned
- 1.2 2. Razer Cynosa Chroma Keyboard + DeathAdder Essential Mouse Gaming Bundle
- 1.3 3. Razer Cynosa Chroma Gaming Keyboard: Customizable Chroma RGB Lighting. Deathadder Essential Gaming Mouse & Goliathus Speed (Medium) Gaming Mousepad
- 1.4 4. Razer Cynosa Chroma Gaming Keyboard + Kraken X Ultralight Gaming Headset Bundle
- 1.5 5. Razer Cynosa Chroma Keyboard + DeathAdder Essential Mouse + Kraken X Headset. Goliathus Speed (Small) Mouse Pad Gaming Bundle
Best Razer Cynosa Chroma Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
1. Razer Cynosa Lite Gaming Keyboard: Customizable Single Zone Chroma RGB Lighting. Spill-Resistant Design – Programmable Macro Functionality – Quiet & Cushioned
3. Razer Cynosa Chroma Gaming Keyboard: Customizable Chroma RGB Lighting. Deathadder Essential Gaming Mouse & Goliathus Speed (Medium) Gaming Mousepad
5. Razer Cynosa Chroma Keyboard + DeathAdder Essential Mouse + Kraken X Headset. Goliathus Speed (Small) Mouse Pad Gaming Bundle
This entry-level price at Razer allows you to acquire a fairly bare keyboard (no wrist rest, no USB host socket, no audio input / output, etc.) but well designed. Its five non-slip pads stabilize it well on the desk, provided you do not deploy the tilting feet, themselves devoid of pads. It is all the more unfortunate that these skates have two inclinations.
The backlighting with 16.8 million colors is customizable key by key and allows to give free rein to his imagination, or to be satisfied with one of the effects proposed by default. This will require going through the new version of Synapse 3 software (184.108.40.20620 at the time of our test). Now available on the Razer site in beta version at the time of writing (Synapse 2 is incompatible with the Cynosa Chroma). A version still a little unstable and not really ready to accommodate all Razer devices. Our good old Razer Naga Epic mouse, for example, is not detected and must therefore use Synapse 2, while the Cynosa Chroma personalizes with Synapse 3.cloud ; see the box), but it is not the most elegant solution.
Synapse 3 offers of course all the joys of the previous version in a revamped interface. That is more in step with the times.
The Cynosa is therefore a membrane keyboard, that is to say that a rubber dome serves as a spring when a key is pressed. This results in a feeling a little less precise than that produced by a mechanical keyboard. But which remains however very pleasant and not too “spongy” on this keyboard. We have measured the trigger stroke of a key at around 3 mm over 3.5 mm of total stroke. When a mechanical keyboard activates between 1.2 and 2 mm over 4 mm of total stroke, depending on the type of d ‘switches.
Of course, the most picky players will find fault and will inevitably turn to a switch model. Nor will it suit those who are used to touching the keys; here they must be pushed in to the stop to ensure tripping. For others, the Cynosa Chroma is a good alternative, affordable, silent and capable of supporting a good typing rhythm.
And above all, a very important criterion for many players who do not live alone, membrane keyboards allow you to hit the keys of the keyboard. Luckily, your opponents – without disturbing the ears that are in your surroundings. ‘computer.
Even if it is not perfect, the Cynosa Chroma offers an interesting – because silent – alternative to mechanical keyboards. It will satisfy players who do not seek absolute responsiveness and sensation at the touch of a button.
1. Best HyperX Alloy FPS Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
2. Best Corsair K95 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020
3. Best Razer Mamba Elite Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2020