Best Panasonic Lumix LX100 II Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021:
Panasonic introduced the Lumix LX100 in 2014. Expert compact housing with exemplary ergonomics, it had very good image quality. The 2018 version takes the recipe of the previous model by bringing some welcome innovations.
A very good finish as well as a well thought out ergonomics are the trademarks of the LX100 series. The image quality produced by the first version was up to the claims of the device. Panasonic’s proposal to counter Sony’s growing hegemony in the expert compact market – with the RX100 series
The Lumix LX100 II is therefore the successor to the first model and is adorned with a small red label on the version number. The last born is thus very easily identifiable. For the rest, the dress is almost similar, the differences are really few. The Leica “L” on the front panel disappears. The grip is slightly transformed, some inscriptions change, and that’s about it. Besides, why should we have modified a successful design?
The 4/3 “sensor without a pass filter advances to 17 Mpx, the 24-75mm f / 1.7-2.8 zoom is retained. The electronic viewfinder keeps the 2.76 Mpts and its magnification of 0.7x, but has a Live View Boost mode for low light conditions.An electronic shutter is present with the possibility of going up to 1/16000 s. The screen on the back becomes tactile and reaches a definition of 1.24 Mpts. Wi-Fi is accompanied by Bluetooth for a permanent connection with the associated device. You can charge the battery directly via the USB port.
The LX100 Mark II is already available for sale at a price of € 949.
- 1 Best Panasonic Lumix LX100 II Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
- 1.1 1. PANASONIC LUMIX LX100 4K Point and Shoot Camera, 3.1X LEICA DC Vario.SUMMILUX F1.7-2.8 Lens with Power O.I.S. 12.8 Megapixel, DMC-LX100K (USA BLACK)
- 1.2 2. Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Digital Camera, 12.8MP, 3.0-Inch Display. 24-75mm Leica DC Vario-Summilux f/1.7-2.8 Lens. 4K Ultra HD Video, HDMI/USB, Wi-Fi, NFC (Silver)
- 1.3 3. Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Digital Camera (Black) (DMC-LX100K) with Accessory Bundle Package Deal
- 1.4 4. Panasonic Lumix DC-LX100 II Digital Point and Shoot Camera with 24-75mm Leica DC Lens, Black. Bundle with Camera Case, 64GB SDHC U3 Card, Tripod, Zoom Flash, Dual Charger, Software Package and More
- 1.5 5. Panasonic Lumix DC-LX100 II Digital Camera with 128GB Extreme Sandisk Card. Camera Case, 3pcs Filter Kit & More Accessory Kit
- 1.6 Manual quality controls
- 1.7 Touch and multiple options
- 2 Video
Best Panasonic Lumix LX100 II Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
1. PANASONIC LUMIX LX100 4K Point and Shoot Camera, 3.1X LEICA DC Vario.SUMMILUX F1.7-2.8 Lens with Power O.I.S. 12.8 Megapixel, DMC-LX100K (USA BLACK)
2. Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Digital Camera, 12.8MP, 3.0-Inch Display. 24-75mm Leica DC Vario-Summilux f/1.7-2.8 Lens. 4K Ultra HD Video, HDMI/USB, Wi-Fi, NFC (Silver)
4. Panasonic Lumix DC-LX100 II Digital Point and Shoot Camera with 24-75mm Leica DC Lens, Black. Bundle with Camera Case, 64GB SDHC U3 Card, Tripod, Zoom Flash, Dual Charger, Software Package and More
5. Panasonic Lumix DC-LX100 II Digital Camera with 128GB Extreme Sandisk Card. Camera Case, 3pcs Filter Kit & More Accessory Kit
Manual quality controls
The main specificity of the Panasonic LX100 II is its well thought out ergonomics. Heir to the world of film, the compact offers essential hard settings, using rings and knobs. Aperture, speed and exposure compensation are quickly accessible. Perhaps a little confusing for those who grew up with all-electronic. The set is however successful and proves very practical once the little gymnastics of the buttons assimilated. The use of the housing is a real pleasure and has few faults.
The association of the compact template with the notched diaphragm control ring pushes back that of focusing. Less practical, it is not prohibitive however. The latter is electronic and can be programmed with different functions, for example step zoom, AF mode or sensitivity control. The whole case exudes quality and reliability. The barrels are resistant. However, switching from diaphragm control to automatic using the ring is a little too easy. The last notch could have been a little firmer to avoid switching to automatic opening – during an “emergency” movement, for example – instead of the largest opening.
Touch and multiple options
The touch has finally arrived. Responsive and precise, navigation in the menus and selection of parameters is easier. The encoder wheel is clickable and practical, but it is one of the rare elements that makes a little “knock”. The number of programmable function keys increased to five for even more personalization.
Difficult to be exhaustive as they are abundant. Note the traditional creative filters offered by Panasonic or a disengageable mode of exposure measurement. The measurement is usually associated with the active collimator. The option allows, using the touchscreen, to separate the point of sharpness from that of the exposure. Very easy to use, it gives, for example, making photos with backlight easily.
A reduced resolution mode adds a posteriori focus control. The tool is impressive, but its relevance is not necessarily obvious, especially on an expert case
The Lumix LX100 II offers an Ultra HD mode falsely called 4K video for an actual definition of 3840 x 2160 px. Only AVCHD mode allows recording in 50p in Full HD format. No idle option is present. The available focal range is from 30mm to 94mm for video, due to cropping.
The video part is ultimately rather limited and does not overflow with options. The device goes to the basics and is based on its achievements. The compact is relatively sensitive to rolling shutter , especially in Ultra HD. Continuous focusing is quite slow and effects of pumping focus may occur, especially when the subject moves backwards.
On the other hand, the image quality is good and therefore follows the trend of the photography part. The rendering of the Sony RX100 VI, one of the direct competitors of the Lumix LX100 II, seems better defined, despite its 1 “sensor. The software interpretation of the manufacturer plays a lot. It will surely be possible to increase the feeling of sharpness by adjusting the emphasis in post-production.
1. Best Nikon D3000 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
2. Best Nikon D90 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
3. Best Nikon D3100 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021