Best Nikon D7500 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021:
The expert SLR in APS-C format Nikon D7500 effectively renews the D7 *** range of the Japanese brand, in particular thanks to a reworked design and better tactile ergonomics, but also thanks to the heritage of its parents the D7200 and D500 .
The D7500 is presented by the Japanese brand as the result of the union of a D7200 and a D500, hence its name. Indeed, the D7500 imprints a lot on both parents: we find in particular the APS-C sensor (DX format at Nikon) CMOS 20.9Mpx, the image processing processor Expeed 5 as well as the RGB measurement sensor of the D500, the autofocus. The optical viewfinder and the carbon fiber chassis of the D7200.
In fact, the real novelties of this D7500 are to be sought in terms of design. The device has notably undergone a slimming cure and its ergonomics has been reviewed. In addition, it now has a (really) touch screen LCD that can be swiveled vertically. The device is sold at the consequent price of 1549 euros naked. Those are the main technical characteristics, but what about in practice?
- 1 Best Nikon D7500 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
- 1.1 1. Nikon D7500 DX-format Digital SLR Body
- 1.2 2. Nikon D7500 DSLR with AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm VR and 70-300 ED VR Lenses, Bag. Bundle with 32GB SDHC Card, Cleaning Kit, Card Reader. 55mm Filter Kit, 58mm UV Filter, Memory Wallet, Mac Software
- 1.3 3. Nikon D7500 20.9MP DX-Format Wi-Fi 4K Digital SLR Camera Body – (Renewed)
- 1.4 4. Nikon D7500 DSLR Digital Camera with AF 50mm f/1.8D Lens (1581) USA Model Deluxe Bundle. Includes- Sandisk 64GB SD Card + Nikon Gadget Bag + Filter Kit + Spare Battery + Telephoto Lens + More
- 1.5 5. Nikon D7500 20.9MP DX-Format Digital SLR Camera + AF-S 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens Bundle with 64GB Memory Card, Camera Bag, Paintshop Pro 2018 and Accessories (11 Items)
- 2 Design and handling
- 3 Ergonomics
- 4 Connectivity
- 5 Image quality
- 6 Reactivity
Best Nikon D7500 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
2. Nikon D7500 DSLR with AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm VR and 70-300 ED VR Lenses, Bag. Bundle with 32GB SDHC Card, Cleaning Kit, Card Reader. 55mm Filter Kit, 58mm UV Filter, Memory Wallet, Mac Software
4. Nikon D7500 DSLR Digital Camera with AF 50mm f/1.8D Lens (1581) USA Model Deluxe Bundle. Includes- Sandisk 64GB SD Card + Nikon Gadget Bag + Filter Kit + Spare Battery + Telephoto Lens + More
5. Nikon D7500 20.9MP DX-Format Digital SLR Camera + AF-S 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens Bundle with 64GB Memory Card, Camera Bag, Paintshop Pro 2018 and Accessories (11 Items)
Design and handling
As we told you a little above, Nikon paid particular attention to the design of the D7500, and it shows. It is lighter and less imposing than its two parents, which tires the arms less with use and makes it easier to transport. In addition, the handle, more hollow, is also more comfortable, giving it a very good grip.
The flip side is that the brand had to remove the second memory card port on the D7200 and D500 for lack of space. The D7500 is dust and splash resistant, which we have successfully tested. Although it does not reach the level of quality and, no doubt, solidity of the D500, the carbon fiber chassis of the D7500 remains clean and neat.
Regarding ergonomics, the D7500 is making great progress by equipping itself, first, with a truly tactile and multi-touch LCD screen of 921,600 pixels (2.4 million on the D500). It is therefore not used simply to focus or to navigate in the photo gallery, like that of his older D500, but to navigate the menus. As a result, navigation is very fluid and much more intuitive.
We could just blame Nikon for its extended menus that you have to scroll down for a while before finding what you’re looking for. In addition, it is vertically orientable, which is really practical when you need to gain height or shoot close to the ground. The camera’s 0.94x magnification pentaprism viewfinder is quite effective, although the eye relief could have been a bit longer. That said, even with glasses, the aim remains satisfactory.
Apart from the absence of a second SD card port, the connection is quite complete: microUSB port. HDMI output (4: 2: 2), headphone and microphone jack with mini jack and remote control jack. We also note the presence of a built-in flash, even if it is possible to connect another wireless one. The device also abandons the NFC in favor of Bluetooth, and embeds a Wi-Fi chip still too limited in its use unfortunately.
The Snapbridge application allows you to send photos quickly and automatically to your smartphone, a very useful tool for sharing despite a slightly confusing interface at first. In addition, the transfer to Bluetooth will necessarily be long if you send large pictures. And then the application consumes a lot of energy from your smartphone, the Bluetooth of the device also reduces its autonomy. This is around 950 views in normal times, which is already lower than its two parents.
Equipped with the same sensor and the same image processing processor as the D500, the Nikon D7500 produces very beautiful images that can reach a size of 5568 x 3712 pixels, with a wide dynamic range (HDR mode, which combines two shots, allows extend it further), bright, relatively natural colors and effective automatic white balance. In low light, note that colors tend to appear warmer than normal. So you will need to manually adjust the shot or change the automatic white balance mode.
The sensor also gives very good results in low light thanks to its large sensitivity range. The device can range from ISO 100 to 51200, or even from 50 – 1,640,000 ISO if the Lo 1 and Hi 5 settings are used, which is better to avoid as the quality is degraded at such peaks of sensitivity. . On the other hand, the D7500 easily goes up to ISO 6400 while maintaining a satisfactory noise level.
In video, the new baby from Nikon displays more nuanced results. If it can film in 4K at 30 frames per second, the frame will unfortunately suffer a very large crop in this definition (despite a satisfactory sharpness). Let’s be clear, your focal length will be more than doubled. Forget the too wide angles in 4K, therefore. The device offers more flexibility in Full HD, but again, you have to make sacrifices: the D7500 is limited to 60 frames per second in this definition, you can forget about the big slow motion.
The Nikon D7500 retains the autofocus at 51 points of the D7200 but offers slightly higher performance thanks to its slightly faster burst mode: around 8 frames per second in JPEG against 6 for its big brother (up to 100 consecutive shots). We therefore remain below the 10 views (without limit) of the D500, but it must be that it justifies its higher price. In RAW, we can now reach 50 consecutive views, a good progression compared to the 27 views of the D7200.
Note that turning the camera on and off is very fast, as is focusing in the viewfinder. In Live View mode, same observation as with the D7200: we lose a lot of responsiveness, the device generally takes more than a second to focus and trigger. Another unfortunate element, we still do not have Focus Peaking with this camera.
1. Best Nikon D750 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
2. Best Nikon D7200 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021
3. Best Nikon D5600 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals & Sales 2021